Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dying of Boredom?

I used to think that the phrase 'dying of boredom' was overused and cliche. So, if I told you that I'm on the verge of dying of boredom, I think you get the picture of how bored I actually am! Moping around the house, hoping to find something to do, I bumped into my computer. And here I am. Aimlessly, I started surfing the net, and wah-lah, I stumbled upon blogger. Mid-way through my first post, I realized that I didn't know what to write about. Give me a break, I got caught up in the spur of the moment. Emm...well, I'm listening to David Cook's Declaration. On that random note, I guess my first post is about music. I'm an Idol fan so naturally some of my favorite singers are Idol proteges. Top in the list is without a doubt David Cook (Note: No offense to die-hard David Archuleta fans). I recently (by recently I mean less than 24 hours ago) purchased his self-titled debut album. I am against self-titling (I looked the word up and yes, it doesn't exist but on the grounds of being at a lack of words, don't judge me) albums, merely because it seems almost vain, but I made an exception for my favorite Idol winner. And I have to say, it was worth it. I think no matter what genre you're into, there's a song on this CD for you. Motivated? Try Declaration (Note: Yes, I was listening to Declaration but don't be so quick to assume I'm motivated. I'm definitely bored. It's just the first song on the CD). Left-out? Go for Life On the Moon. Love drunk? Fill your lovey-dovey ears with Come Back to Me. As big of a David Cook fan as I am (really big actually, meeting him is on my Bucket List at number 10), I can't listen to his album 24/7. So, let's move on, shall we? Emm...eureka! Michael Buble! I know, the 2 are world's apart but there's no international blogging rule against that, is there? No, seriously, is there? Oh, well, I'll just take the risk. Some say he's the present day's Sinatra. Some say, he brings old-school back effortlessly. Either way, he's amazingly talented. His jazz inspired music can make you shake to the beat (yes, even if you have 2 left feet, ask me!) or even cry your eyeballs out. I first discovered him on YouTube with his rendition of the well-known theme song of the Spiderman cartoons way back when. He gave the song the edge it needed for you to forget about the tights and spider webs and concentrate solely on his pipes. I couldn't get the song out of my head for ages! So, I started looking him up (actors I google, singers I YouTube, gulp, since when has YouTube become a verb?). Soon enough (to be exact, after Call Me Irresponsible, That's Life, Home, Sway, Feeling Good and Everything) I was in love with the guy! Now, his new single, Haven't Met You Yet, is climbing the charts and for good reason! It's infectiously addictive. Despite the fact that David Cook and Michael Buble are like chalk and cheese (music wise, personally, I wouldn't know), they do have one thing in common. Both bring back tasteful music in an era of meaningless rhymes and emotionally detached music. I'm at the end of my post and I'm proud to say I feel much less bored than when I started. So, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment