Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Twilight Phenomenon

Once again I find myself bored. Once again I have no idea what to post about and yet I'm here. Alright, let's see, since I started the blog on a random note, I suppose on the grounds of superstition, I should continue the tradition. I was reading the Twilight e-book so let's start there. Unless you've been living under a rock, chances are you've heard of Twilight. Twilight, first of the four best selling, smash hit installments, revolves around the lives of Bella, Edward and Jacob (alright I admit, I'm only in the 3rd chapter but I did watch the movie which was based on the book). As the book garnered more and more popularity, it was decided that the timing was right to invest in making this book come to life on the big screen. So, the ultimate question was, who were the ones fit for the roles? In the end, the trio was chosen - Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, Rob Pattinson as Edward Cullen and Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black. I've watched the movie and have both my thumbs up for it (for those who choose to roll your eyes on this note, I'm a sucker for romantic movies aka chick flicks and I take great pride in it! Kleenex included). I haven't decided whether I'm on team Edward or team Jacob. While on one hand I'm intrigued by the mysterious Edward Cullen, I can't help but have a soft spot for Jacob merely because he upholds my opinion of love. I've always perceived falling in love to be something that doesn't just happens in a fraction of a second but over time. I believe love's like a puzzle, when you discover something new about a special someone, its like having a piece of the puzzle. Love happens when all the pieces fit. The only difference is the difficulty level of the puzzle - easy, intermediate, hard and complex. Who said life's fair, right?

Twi-hards have fallen in love with these larger than life characters but no one has forgotten about the actors who portray them. On this note, I genuinely think Robert Pattinson did a good job in Twilight. Yes, once you can see beyond the fact that he probably wears more make-up than his female co-stars put together, you can see that he does have a charm to him. A charm that without a doubt Edward Cullen possesses. He has subtle expressions that emphasizes Edward's mysterious edge and body language that screams 'I have a secret and you will never know'.

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with me, fact is Twilight is currently an international phenomenon and no short of it. And for this entire post, it even helped me get over my boredom. So, thank you Twilight. I guess I should go finish the book, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment